Tuesday, June 26, 2012

6/26/12

Today was really great! We had an introduction to the Cardiff University Library this morning followed by a campus tour. Our lesson today was really interesting also. My favorite part of the day was going to the white water rafting facility. We all had to dress up in wetsuits and we did a really fun team-building activity. We were given some supplies and had to build a raft, paddle our raft out, collect a ball, and paddle back all without falling off. The worst part of it was neither team was able to do it! It was a lot of fun trying though and getting to laugh at all of our terribly failed attempts. Our group has a lot of fun together; I couldn't have asked for 7 better people to spend these next 6 weeks with. For dinner we went to a cute little restaurant and then walked around a park by Cardiff Castle. I mentioned yesterday that we met the first minister at our inaugural event. Here's a story on it:
http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/news/articles/fulbright-students-welcomed-to-wales-9071.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=News
I still cannot get over how beautiful this country is. It rained all day today, but it is still so pretty even on dreary days. It's been nice because I've been able to Skype and call my friends and family back home. If you want to Skype, just let me know what times work for you and we can set up a time! I miss home, but I'm not complaining. I absolutely love Wales.
This castle is just a short walk away from our flat!

Nothing like this in the states, that's for sure

No comments:

Post a Comment