Friday, June 29, 2012

6/29/12

I felt so Welsh today! This morning we went to the Cardiff Library. Libraries normally aren't my thing, but this place was so awesome! The city of Cardiff is really amazing. It's so bustling, diverse, and there's a ton to do here. The city is on the bay and then's tons of adorable pubs, shops, and parks. It's very charming here in a small town way, even though it's a big city. After the library, we went on a walking tour around Cardiff and saw a bunch of old historical buildings mixed with new development. I had a pasty for lunch today, which is basically a pastry with meat, carrots, and some other stuff mixed into it. It was delicious! We even went to the fresh market and got flapjacks and Welsh cakes for dessert (yep, I'm obsessed). We got tea and then picked up a few things to cook dinner. Tonight was really the first night I've had open in a while, so I wrote one of my papers and have been researching a little for our trip. A few of us have decided to go to Stonehenge and hopefully Bath on Sunday, but we still have to work out the logistics of it.  The others are going to London. It's been a really great week and I can't believe we're already half way through our time here at Cardiff! From what I hear, it's pretty hot back at home. It's so strange because it's in the 50's here! I had to wear a jacket today, so it's much different than home is right now. I'm not complaining, I hate the heat! Tomorrow morning we're going to a castle and then we have the afternoon and all of Sunday free. I hope to go shopping and buy a few souvenirs tomorrow afternoon!
The exchange. Coal was a huge part of the city several decades back. 


 The Millennium Center. We get to take a tour next week. 


 The Senedd. Where we had the inaugural event. It's on the bay. 


 Cardiff Bay. Beautiful views. 


Cardiff is filled with beautiful old buildings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment