Tuesday, July 10, 2012

7/10/12

Today was pretty focused around Snowdonia National Park. The park contains the highest mountain in all of  Wales, and we got a lot of really pretty views of it. We went and visited the railway that takes passengers up to the peak. I thought it would be really cool to go up until I heard the price to do so! We then went to the National Welsh Slate Museum. It sounds sort of dull, but it was actually a lot of fun! We got to see a live demonstration of how they process the slate and it's really amazing what they can do with that stuff. From there, we went to the horseshoe of Snowdon, where we had gorgeous views. The 3 tallest mountains in Wales are all in this horseshoe. We got lots of great pictures! Tonight we are going to meet up with a few students here in Wales, which will be really fun. We haven't had much interaction with Welsh students, so I'm looking forward to meeting a few! And I almost forgot! We may have seen Prince William flying his helicopter today! There are six yellow helicopters in all of Wales, and we spotted one! I'm convincing myself it was him.

 Gary attempting to split slate at the museum

 The yellow helicopter (maybe Prince William!)







 Snowdon, tallest mountain in Wales 

 Clara and me

 Chrissy and me

 Macey and me

 Emily and me


The boys

No comments:

Post a Comment