Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bye Cardiff!

We are leaving Cardiff today, and it's a little sad! We've gotten to know the staff here really well and we are definitely going to miss them. We had our presentations yesterday morning and then we went out to dinner at Mimosa, which is a traditional Welsh restaurant. When we were at the restaurant, Rhys and Cerys gave us gifts: a lovespoon and a picture frame. A lovespoon is a Welsh tradition.  A man used to carve it for his wife to propose to her and there's a lot of symbolism in them. We got wooden lovespoons with Cardiff University carved into it, so it's something we'll be able to remember our trip by. The picture frame had a picture of all of us with the first minister. The dinner was a really great end to a really great time here in Cardiff. We all mentioned that we could have stayed in Cardiff for the full 6 weeks. I've learned so much and have really fallen in love with this city. But I'm sure Bangor and Aberystwyth have some great things in store for us! I had to wake up early this morning to pack, which was bringing terrible flashbacks. Somehow I managed to fit everything (plus my new souvenirs) into my suitcase and backpack. The interesting part of this will be watching me tr to maneuver this 60+ lb bag through the train station. We are leaving in about an hour to catch our train, so I'll be writing next from Bangor!

No comments:

Post a Comment