Friday, July 20, 2012

7/20/12

I'm so sad that today was our last day in Bangor! We had presentations this afternoon, and it is remarkable to see how much we've learned in just one short month. Coming into this experience, I had no knowledge on Wales at all. In just 4 weeks, I've gained so much knowledge and a much better understanding about this amazing country. I've also fallen in love with it and know I'll come back here in my future. Luckily, I still have two weeks left before I have to worry about leaving for good! Then tonight we went out for a farewell dinner with Tecwyn. That will be the saddest part of leaving Bangor is leaving him. He's just been so welcoming, sweet, caring, and funny. And he has the best stories! Tomorrow morning we are catching a bus to go to Aberystwyth. Luckily, it's a private bus just for us so I'll be able to pack as many bags as I want rather than cramming all of my stuff into one suitcase :) We'll be stopping in a town for lunch and a music festival, then we'll be in Aber! I'm so excited to see what the last two weeks of this experience bring. I'm already getting sad thinking about leaving Wales and leaving these amazing people. I have to focus on having an amazing last 2 weeks and be sad later! On a lighter note, we hear Aberystwyth is beautiful. It's a beach town, so that will be good as long as the weather cooperates for us! Also, we're looking forward to watching the Olympics open while we're there. I'll update tomorrow and let you know how Aber is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment