Tuesday, July 17, 2012

7/16 and 7/17

I told myself I wasn't going to get behind on my blog updates but I have! I've also been getting behind on our journals that we have to write. We've just been so busy and by the time we get home we just want to sleep! The days are jam-packed, which is awesome and lots of fun, but totally exhausting. The past two days have been so rainy! Even with the rain, I still am enjoying how beautiful North Wales is. Yesterday we went to a copper mine, but it was so rainy that we didn't get to walk around much. Then we went to a nuclear power station for a tour and  to St. Cwyfan's Church. The church was definitely my favorite part of the day. It was almost 1,000 years old and was in the middle of the sea! You could only get to it during low tide, because at high tide it is surrounded by water. Today we went to Harlech Caslte, then to a little town called Portmerion. This was a town in North Wales, but built to resemble an Italian village. The buildings were all so colorful, the gardens were beautiful, and it was all nestled right on the beach! It was super nice and even had a 5-star hotel on it. It's on my bucket list to go back there and stay overnight. I just wish it would have been sunny! The last thing we did today was take a ride on the Welsh Highland Railway. It was a cute old-fashioned steam locomotive. Tomorrow we are going on another outdoor pursuits session, so I hope the weather is cooperative! All my pictures from the past couple days have a recurring theme: rain jackets.
 St .Cwyfan's 

 Up by the church 

 The water surrounds the church at high tide

 We went to the town with the longest place name in the world!

 All of us at (too long to type out)

 Harlech Castle

 Pretty views from Harlech Castle

 Emily and I in the castle tower

 Macey and I at Portmerion 

 Felt like we were in Italy!

 In front of the 5-star beachside hotel

 Welsh flag by the beach at Portmerion 

After our train ride

No comments:

Post a Comment