Tuesday, July 3, 2012

7/3/12

The focus of today was all about politics (an area I am super awkward with). We went back to the Senedd where we had our inaugural event, because it's where the Welsh National Assembly holds their meetings. The National Assembly was only formed in 1997, so the idea is still a bit new to Wales in comparison to the U.S. We got to sit in on a plenary session, which was really interesting (and funny). The First Minister and a few of the assembly members disagreed on quite a few issues and there was lots of arguing and banter. Most of the questions they asked were concerning health, since they have nationalized health here. Anyone in Wales can get free medical attention and free prescriptions. I've learned a few of the ups and downs of this system since I've been here and it's been really interesting to relate to my future career. I was really exhausted today, probably because I've been staying up late most nights. I worked on my journals (we have to write 12 of them while we're here at 750 words each) because I'm trying to not get behind on them! I can't believe it's already July; the time has flown by and tomorrow is the 4th! We don't have anything planned to celebrate, but I'm sure we will all find a way to display our American pride :)

No comments:

Post a Comment